DD-WRT Mac address clone resets itself upon startup

I have a Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH modem and I run DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/07/10) std on it. everything is perfect except I need to have my old router's mac address to keep my old IP address assigned from my ISP. There is a solution in DD-WRT for this in WEB interface > SETUP > MAC address clone where I can change it and it fixes it . However the problem is for some reason or because of a bug, Buffalo forgets MAC address every time it is rebooted or at a power lost and I need to go this address and click apply again to change it back to the desired MAC address.

My solution to avoid this is easy:

1) Go to Web interface > Administration> Commands
2) Paste this:

nvram set wan_hwaddr="12:40:CC:11:00:00"

stopservice wan
startservice wan

Not that:
"12:40:CC:11:00:00" is my MAc address and you need to type your own there!


3) Click Save Startup

Next time when you reboot your Modem , or after a power lost you will have the desired mac address set.

Comments

Anonymous said…
thanks this helped, but it wouldn't work for me until I added a "nvram commit" after setting the value.
Anonymous said…
Thanks for the tip! Worked like a charm!

I have had the same problem with disappearing MAC address clone on DD-WRT and Router Model TP-Link TL-WR740N
(Atheros AR7240 rev 1.2 (0x00c2))

I have used the version with commit e.g.:

nvram set wan_hwaddr="00:18:8B:A9:66:00"
nvram commit
stopservice wan
startservice wan

Popular posts from this blog

how can you enable a windows firewall rule for a dynamic dns name or dns address

Bose speaker hack (companion 5) to turn on/off automatically

how to IR remote control via wemos d1 (esp8266) & mqtt & sonoff tasmota