Computer Lags but not because of CPU Usage

I had some problems for a while with my laptop about things getting slowing down while I was using my pc.Normally, slow downs occur if the CPU usage is very high and normally I use Task Manager to see what's going on.The interesting thing is when I open the task manager I see some processes using high CPU and I kill them , suddenly another process starts using CPU higher..after a while killing all the processes I end up with Task Manager and task manager uses massive CPU, obviously these processes were not using this much CPU. The first thing came to my mind is a driver problem.But how could I find it and prove which driver was it ? Normally you can do debugging and all kind of stuff to track down the problem but it's a massive work.

I was searching the net I found this utility: http://www.thesycon.de/eng/latency_check.shtml great tool, showed me the lag and intervals so that while I was running this program I went to device manager to disable drivers one by one to see which one causes it, and suddenly when I stopped vmware virtual ethernet adapter driver the lag ended CPU and speed was back.

If you have problems like high CPU usage, but it doesn't look like the CPU usage caused by processes then your PC might be lagging.And to see what goes on you can use this tool to diagnose.

Comments

Mike said…
Wow this is really interesting, and that website you provided was helpful to me, check out my blog which shows in-depth on computer lag at:
http://how-to-fix-computer-lag.blogspot.com/

Popular posts from this blog

how can you enable a windows firewall rule for a dynamic dns name or dns address

Bose speaker hack (companion 5) to turn on/off automatically

how to IR remote control via wemos d1 (esp8266) & mqtt & sonoff tasmota